Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Celebrating Summer

What do you do to celebrate the end of another school year, the beginning of summer, and wonderful weather in one of the best cities in the world in which to live? You put on an Italian/Australian feast! The Italian part is obvious (bread, prosciutto, bocconcini, tomatoes, and fresh basil), and the Australian part is courtesy of Gord with a tasty Cabernet Merlot direct from Australia.


All that's missing is some German bratwurst, and we would have had a feast to also celebrate Italy's semi-final decisive victory. Forza Azzurri! Viva l'Italia! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Colleen said...

You rock, Fudge. I wish I could have been there to help you consume. And Foraz Azzurri to you, too! (What does that mean?)

Colleen said...

Forza Azzurri! Viva l'Italia! Bring on the spaghetti! ITALY RULES!!!

Coli said...

Hey Monica, I must confess I watched bits and pieces of the final soccer game between France and Italy, and I was rooting for Italy of course. I didn't see the actual winning shot because we were in Calgary at Cathy and Jim's but I did hear it. Then I went into the living room and watched the replay. I was very happy for you! I know how you just live and breath 'football'!! ;) Well I am honing my painting skills so I'll be all set for August, provided I don't burn out! Of couse my ratio of book reading to actual redecorating is working out in favour of reading - I think! But the rooms are going to be fun. Mom and I went to Red Deer tonight to find carpet and wall paper for her TV sitting room. It will be very French Country with yellow and blue and Toile wall paper for one wall. Well, gotta go, the girls are watching Stargate again.
Oh yeah, guess what I did today, I bought MacGuyver (sp?) seasons 5 and 6. I enjoyed it when I was over so I thought I might want it too. I guess I'll have to do a bit of searching to find my own copies of seasons 1-4.
See you in a few weeks. Kendra
PS This comment comes up as Nicole's because she was online when I started looking at blogs. Take Care.

Unknown said...

You had me going there - I was wondering why Nicole was talking so much about painting, and football, and buying MacGyver DVD's, but now it's all so clear! Glad to hear you're getting a lot of reading in. I bought switches and switch plates this weekend, and tomorrow I'm going to look at more paint colours. Thanks for stopping by! Say hi to all!