Thursday, May 25, 2006

Screamin' California!


143_4313
Originally uploaded by Auntie Kangaroo.
Ok, so it would take too long to fully do justice to an amazing trip! But here are some of the highlights from my perspective:

- dipping my toes in the Pacific at the Santa Monica beach
- seeing stars on Space Mountain to the beat of new music
- Splash Mountain!
- California Screamin' (and it's not named that for nothin')
- getting soaked in Atlantis, and soaked more in the river rapids (oh yeah, that was actually uncomfortable)
- Shamu & co.
- doing handstands in a very cold pool
- the LEGO store!
- Mickey, Minnie, Princess Aurora, Pooh, Tigger, and most of all, Eeyore!
- eating funnel cakes and corn dogs
- laughing so hard I couldn't breathe
- good times with family, some not seen for many years.
- seeing the Grand Canyon from thousands of feet up on the way home (via Toronto, of course)

I'm sure there are more, but that's a snapshot of the trip. You can see more snapshots by clicking on the picture above.

So long for now, California!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Monky! What a blast you must have had! Did you bring home any Lego? And I didn't know Eeyore was your favourite. :)

The last time I was at Disneyland the power went out. It was awful. No rides. And it was BAKING hot. And no money back. Did I mention I was also alone? Long story. Alone in a broken Disneyland. waaaaahhh!! The one upside to this story is that I spent most of my time listening to all the cool bands and singers who were set up all around the park. But ... it still sucked.

And on that sad note ... toodleoo!

Love you,
C