Friday, May 26, 2006

Cool Picasa

I just tried a new (to me) Google app called Picasa. It looks like it will be useful to organize my pictures, and the redeye correction is one of the better ones I've tried. But what I think is really cool is the set of tools for image correction and enhancement. Check out this before/after of a picture I took from an airplane, looking down over the Grand Canyon.

The before picture is the original shot:



The after picture is a transformation using the "I'm feeling lucky" image adjustment tool. It does a pretty good job or removing the haze and window interference, and restores a lot of the colour. Very cool!


I tried it with several other pictures, and will continue to try out the other features. If nothing else, it's something to do on a Friday night. Of course, my cats are really wondering what I'm up to, so I may have to give up soon.

2 comments:

◄4Wa||z said...

A couple of other cool features are the collage function and the blog this function from Picassa. You may need to download HELLO in order to blog from Picassa, or at least it makes it easier to do that way.

The Collage feature may seem TCOOR (ie random), but it is not, if you change the order in which you add pics to the collage, it will change the order of the pictures in the collage. Play with it to get the results you want.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I spent some time last night and this morning playing with Picasa, the collage (too cool!) feature, and blogging. Still having trouble with the blogging (witness the trouble with T.C.O.O.R last night), but will try your suggestion. I'll post a collage to my blog in a few minutes.