Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WDW 2008 - The rest of the week

Ok, where were we? If you've been reading both my blog and Kendra's, you'll know that our week so far was: Monday - Epcot; Tuesday - Downtown Disney; Wednesday - Hollywood Studios; Thursday - Epcot; and Friday - Epcot. Thursday and Friday we had been hoping for better weather, but Fay had other plans, turning herself into a depression, which basically meant lots of rain and not much else. So Epcot seemed the best plan. At least we had fun supper plans on Thursday. We were at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at a restaurant called Boma. In keeping with the African theme of the resort, the restaurant was a buffet extravaganza. Yummy, and again we ate too much.


Friday was the end of our stay at the Pop! Century. Which presented the opportunity to take pictures of all the fun stuff around the resort (between raindrops). I'll attach some pictures below. It also meant that we had one last day to: 1) finish 2 meals and 4 snacks each on the Dining Plan, 2) play a free round of minigolf, and 3) take advantage of Extra Magic Hours at Epcot. Which we proceeded to do. The minigolf was fun, even though we (of course) got rained on, and I managed to kill my umbrella (the saga of the umbrellas is worthy of its own post, so I won't get into that now). The food was abundant, even though we finished our last meal in the rain (huh!). And the Extra Magic Hours was fun. Epcot was open an extra 3 hours (till midnight) for all resort guests. We stayed and went on the Nemo ride for a second time, and Spaceship Earth (see Kendra's blog) for a 3rd time. That one may just end up being our favourite of all.


Ok, let's get to pictures.

Our building at the Pop! was fronted by a giant Baloo and Mowgli.

Also on the property, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head decided to stop for a chat with us, and were obliging enough to pause for a picture.


Fantasia Mini-golf. Very fun, good theme, but very very wet!


Back at Epcot, somewhere around Germany, we found Eeyore and Pooh! I think Pooh was a little jealous because I hugged Eeyore first, and told him he was my favourite. Eeyore is looking a little smug, isn't he?



These were our bracelets for extra hours on Friday night. We had to take the picture this way, because we couldn't get the bracelets off!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Eeyore deserves to look smug for once, I think. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! I haven't had much time lately to update my blog and finish the story. I'll get back to blogging soon, I hope.