Thursday, March 30, 2006

Stress? I don't think so!

I think it must be my genetic inheritance to add stress and worry to my life at the drop of a hat. But really, why should I? I am learning something that I expect every cat owner has also learned: there is nothing in this world that is so important it can't be helped by having a cat on my lap. Every evening my cats wait for me. They will follow me around the house, talk to me, or simply stare at me until I sit down somewhere for more than two minutes. Then they'll jump on my lap or simply lie down beside me on the couch and sleep. Watching them sleep makes me relax, and realize I need to take time every day to just enjoy the moment. A moment of peace, a break from cares, and a reminder that I need to rest to be able to cope better tomorrow. Stress? I don't think so...

No comments: